Need to give your campaign a boost? Here are 25 powerful fundraising tips from HelpHOPELive Fundraising Coordinators that you can start using right away.
Asking For Auction and Raffle Items
1. Think about the local businesses you visit on a regular basis, like bakeries, family-owned grocery stores, restaurants, hair salons, boutiques or even your dentist’s office. Ask each for a gift certificate donation.
2. When asking for item donations from local businesses, bring your HelpHOPELive Appeal Letter and Gift In Kind Form to help explain your story and the tax advantages of donating to your HelpHOPELive campaign.
3. Ask local organizations to sponsor your next fundraising event. You get reduced-cost products or services, and local businesses get exposure!
Getting More Donations
4. Engage former classmates for donations.
5. Update your HelpHOPELive Campaign Page regularly, and edit the About section of your Campaign Page if you reach a major medical milestone. Pictures and updates help contributors feel more connected to your cause.
6. Create a YouTube video that explains your personal journey and asks viewers for donations.
7. Coordinate your fundraisers with upcoming holidays. How about a first day of summer car wash, or a Father’s Day outdoor barbeque?
8. Sell chocolate bars with a custom HelpHOPELive label at outdoor events. Set up a table at your town’s next community fair or summer festival.
9. Add bonus events! Add a bake sale to your garage sale. Add a silent auction to your spaghetti dinner.
10. Sell HelpHOPELive wristbands at your next event. Ask your Fundraising Coordinator for details.
11. Use customized HelpHOPELive materials like flyers and brochures to spread the word. Your Fundraising Coordinator can show you how.
12. Turn a fundraiser into an eating competition. Bump up your next fundraising barbeque with a burger eating challenge! Charge admission for teams or individuals and offer prizes for the winner(s).
Uniting Your Community
13. Create a t-shirt for your supporters that includes a shortened link to your HelpHOPELive Campaign Page.
14. If donors have questions about HelpHOPELive, send them a helpful infographic.
15. Share your Campaign Page with extended family members so they stay in the loop.
16. Personalize thank-you notes for people who donate to your campaign. A small gesture goes a long way.
17. Thank event attendees and sponsors in social media posts. On Twitter or Facebook, use the @ sign to “tag” businesses or friends in a post.
Fundraising On A Tight Budget
18. Create a donation coin bank with the HelpHOPELive logo on it. Ask local businesses to display it. You Fundraising Coordinator can give you a customized coin bank label to support your HelpHOPELive campaign.
19. Auction off time instead of items! Ask friends to donate tax preparation help, house cleaning, babysitting or even piano lessons.
20. Share event registration pages on Facebook and Twitter so your friends can easily RSVP.
21. Engage your local Moose Lodge, Elk Club, Masonic Temple or Knights of Columbus organization for volunteers to serve as event staff if you or someone you know is a member,
22. Ask National Honor Society students, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts to volunteer as staff members at your event.
23. Check in with your Fundraising Coordinator if you are planning an event. We can provide customized HelpHOPELive materials, press releases, creative event ideas and much more!
24. If an event is successful, make it an annual affair! Ask your Fundraising Coordinator for tips.
25. Through pictures, videos or updates, show donors exactly how they have improved your life with their contributions.
Find more campaign-boosting tips from HelpHOPELive’s expert Fundraising Coordinators on Facebook and on Twitter. Fresh tips are posted every Tuesday.