Here are 5 great ideas for summer medical fundraising from our experts.
1. Approach a local ice cream or frozen yogurt shop.
Ask the owners if they’d be willing to designate one day this summer during which a percentage of all purchases will be donated to a HelpHOPELive Campaign.
2. Track down yearly summer festivals.
You may be able to speak to the festival organizer so that a portion of proceeds from an upcoming festival are given to HelpHOPELive in your honor.
3. Look for outdoor selling opportunities.
You may be able to sell chocolate bars, custom t-shirts or other items at an upcoming outdoor event like a craft festival or multi-family yard sale. You can also ask event planners if you can set up coin banks at their outdoor events.
4. Choose a summer-friendly venue.
Cooling off is on everyone’s mind — cater to your supporters by holding your next fundraiser at a local pool or water park. Approach venues ahead of time to ask about your fundraising options.
5. Raffle off summer chores.
No one wants to think about chores on a beautiful summer afternoon. Ask your friends if they’d be willing to donate their time for an upcoming raffle. You could raffle off:
- An hour of weeding or gardening
- Pool cleaning
- Four hours of babysitting for a summer date night
- Swimming lessons
- And more!