Once you have decided to move forward with fundraising, it’s time to start engaging your community! Talk to your HelpHOPELive Fundraising Coordinator about your family, friends and local area so we can help you decide which fundraising approach will work best for your campaign.
If you’re not sure where to begin, these ideas will get you started:
- My aunt Mary is a teacher. Could I ask Mary about holding a fundraiser through her school?
- My friend Joseph is an avid golfer. Could a golf tournament be our big fundraising event for this year?
- My town holds a yearly Strawberry Festival and a 5K Race to benefit a local citizen. How can I contact my town administration to find out more about getting involved in these upcoming events to raise money for HelpHOPELive?
- I’m active in my church or faith community. Could we have a special collection in my honor or distribute my HelpHOPELive appeal letter to members?
- My 10-year high school reunion is coming up. How can I get in touch with some of my former classmates who are local or live out-of-state?
- A friend of my parents sells kitchen storage containers. Would she be willing to hold a container-buying party in my honor?
- Before I worked with HelpHOPELive, my friends helped me hold a local Dinner Dance. Since that was a big success, maybe we can hold a similar event this year?
- My cousin, my sister and my friend Marie all asked how they could help or support me as soon as I was diagnosed. Can I reach out to these contacts first to ask for help with planning, promoting and staffing my next event?
You can find a list of fundraising event ideas online in your HelpHOPELive Dashboard. Contact your Fundraising Coordinator today if you’re ready to start planning your event!