#GivingTuesday is less than two weeks away! On Tuesday, December 1, there will be no credit card fees attached to donations to your HelpHOPELive Campaign. This is your opportunity to rally your community to participate in a universal day of hope and selflessness! Here are a few easy ways to prepare.
1. Understand The Mission
- …celebrates giving and selflessness
- …counterbalances Black Friday, Cyber Monday and heavy holiday spending
- …brings together nonprofits, businesses AND families to give together
- …is all about “small acts of kindness”
2. Spread The Word On Social
…With These Hashtags:
- #GivingTuesday: use this whenever you mention the event
- #UNselfie: use this when you post a selfie that highlights a good cause. Download the template at givingtuesday.org.
- #GiveHOPE: use this when you post a #GivingTuesday message about HelpHOPELive
…And These Pictures:
Share these pics on social media to help good go viral!
3. Update Your Outreach
If you plan to contact a news outlet or send an email to friends and family before December 1, make sure you mention #GivingTuesday. It’s a great way to tie your HelpHOPELive Campaign into a major social movement. If you need help figuring out how to explain or incorporate #GivingTuesday, reach out to your Fundraising Coordinator today.
4. Show Your Gratitude
#GivingTuesday is an opportunity to give AND receive. For that reason, it’s a great time to reflect on what your community has already helped you to achieve. Here’s how:
- Jot down a few things that you’ve been able to do or accomplish thanks to donations.
- Snap a few pictures if you can!
- Post an Update about #GivingTuesday that focuses on thanking everyone who has donated so far.
- Share your Campaign Page on social media to engage even more friends and family members.
Your friends will be more likely to donate if they can see how they have impacted your life through donations.
Questions? Have #GivingTuesday ideas to add to our list? Reach out to us on Facebook or on Twitter to connect.