As the official website explains, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
What’s in it for me?
#GivingTuesday is a great day to spread the word about a fundraising campaign or special cause you care about. Here’s a quick guide to #GivingTuesday and tips for how to maximize the impact of this global day of giving to raise funds for Help Hope Live in honor of a loved one in need.
- Save the Date: This year’s #GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Globally recognized movement that celebrates charitable giving and selfless acts
- Has raised $177 million for charities since its inaugural year in 2012
…but it’s not about the money: it’s about doing GOOD! That could mean donating, or it could mean volunteering, speaking out about the causes that matter to you, or making a stranger’s day with a random act of kindness.
How does Help Hope Live celebrate #GivingTuesday?
We celebrate by giving back with our #TealDeal: no credit card fees ALL DAY!
On #GivingTuesday, Help Hope Live covers the credit card fees for all online donations at helphopelive.org. That means when someone makes a donation in honor of a Help Hope Live client on Tuesday, November 28, only our low 5% admin fee applies.
You can mobilize and empower your community to take advantage of our #TealDeal by promoting #GivingTuesday now through November 28.
Your #GivingTuesday Social Media Strategy
- Follow @GivingTues on social media and pay attention to the tips and tricks they share
- Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday on all relevant posts to get additional exposure
- Post reminders on social media leading up to #GivingTuesday and our special #TealDeal (be sure to include a link to your Help Hope Live Campaign Page)
- Create a Facebook event and invite friends to Like and Share the event so your online community will receive automatic event reminders from Facebook as the day gets closer
- Consider contacting a group of close friends via direct messages to ask them to pledge to make a donation on #GivingTuesday
- Download and share this #GivingTuesday graphic
- Remind friends about #GivingTuesday at least once per week
- Highlight why donations to Help Hope Live are needed and how donations have made a direct impact on your life
- Include pictures or video whenever possible
- Always include the date (November 28), the #TealDeal (no credit card fees), and how to donate (helphopelive.org/campaign/(insert#))
- Emphasize that donations will have a greater impact than ever on that day
- Consider using the List of Contributors via your Campaign Dashboard at helphopelive.org to create an email distribution list to help spread the word beyond social media
- Remind supporters that donations to Help Hope Live are tax deductible
- Miss this Global Day of Giving!
- Make assumptions that other #GivingTuesday offers are applicable to your Help Hope Live campaign
- Always check with your Help Hope Live Client Services Coordinator about eligible donations
We can’t wait to enjoy Giving Tuesday with you and your community. Reach out to your Coordinator at any time for additional tips and guidance.